Young Legislators Program
Overview of the Program:
The Young Legislators Program is inspired by Assemblymember Susan Talamantes Eggman’s belief that it is her responsibility as an elected official to help develop the next generation of leaders. Three years ago, she unveiled a program to do just that for the 13th Assembly District; its goal is to prepare the young people of today to become the leaders of tomorrow.
The Young Legislators Program consists of:
- Three Saturday Seminars on government and community issues with elected officials, community figures and other leaders from the 13th Assembly District
- A “Living Policy” project so each participant can dive deeply into an issue facing their community today
- A day trip to the State Capitol in Sacramento, where students learn how ideas become bills and laws, observe a full session of the State Assembly, meet with legislators and make presentations to policymakers from across our state
Saturday Seminars will expose students to the structure and responsibilities of governments – local, state and federal – and provide opportunities to identify and address issues in our community that they feel are the most important.
The Young Legislators Program is a great introduction to the workings of government, providing a strong foundation for young people who want to get involved in the leadership of their community.
The program is open to high school Juniors and Seniors who
1) Live in the 13th Assembly District
2) Attend a high school in the 13th Assembly District
THE DEADLINE TO APPLY IS THURSDAY, JANUARY 31, 2019
Eligibility and Important Dates:
Only high school juniors and seniors in the 13th Assembly District are eligible.
Ways to Apply:
Online – please click on the button below, fill out the application and submit it online. The essay can be uploaded as an attachment.
Via Fax – Download the print application, fill it out and fax it to (209) 465-5058.
Mail – Download the print application, fill it out and mail it along with the required essay to:
AD 13 - Young Legislators Program
Attention: Tony Wong
31 East Channel Street
Stockton, CA 95202